An Acting Resume Template
allows for a little flair
An acting resume template is a rare breed indeed. Due to its very nature, both acting and modelling careers focus on the person, their abilities AND their outward appearance, rather than scholastic achievements. It is safe to say that a profile photograph is expected in these types of resumes - in addition to the self-portraits that you already have set out in your portfolio.
Use this acting resume template to razzle-dazzle 'em!
Like any other resume, focus on your strengths. If you are able to deliver outstanding performances in a wide range of genres and/or characters, they need to see that. Be prepared to provide proof demonstrating these strengths both in your resume and in person.
Shine baby, shine
Put your best foot forward with a professional photo shoot. They have the ability to capture you at your best which includes your attire, makeup, grooming and hair. If you have any outstanding features that you would like to highlight, here is your chance.
With each sample page I add a quick 'how to' at the end which teaches you how to use these samples and make them your own. Please remember that this acting resume template and all the other samples are very basic and in no way do they represent what your own resume could be, and should be. Those are left to the professionals.
Use these samples as
inspiration to get you off on the right foot – and best of all they are totally
- Firstly, set aside several hours to build a resume.
- You will need quiet space and a computer with Word
(recommended) or similar.
- Set the tone. Do your homework. Are you applying for
a similar role, are you experienced in the job that you seek or is this a
career change? These are questions you need to ask to tailor your resume.
- Set the framework. Think about your work history and quickly jot
down the positions you’ve held, whom you worked for and the dates you worked
there. Double check details and spelling to ensure accuracy. Go back five years
- or more if you have stayed in the current job for several years.
- Flesh out your work history using job descriptions for each. If they
are not available, you will have to work from memory. Your job is to expand
on your duties.
- I cannot stress the importance of “fully” detailing your duties.
It helps the employer understand exactly what you can do, and it helps you understand
your strengths as well.
- Ensure the layout is attractive (check through
the samples for inspiration). Do not use photographs unless your job requires
it. Strive for two to three pages (less for
- You now have all the information you need to write a compelling summary
outlining your strengths (see examples). This paragraph goes at the beginning.
- If you have identified specific skills, you can add bullet points shortly following
the summary i.e., Advanced Microsoft Suite Experience etc.
- Are you happy with the
result? Good. Now proofread and have a trusted friend proofread it with you. Then check
- And don’t forget a well-written cover letter using
your strengths to target the role on offer.
You’re worth it!
Thank you for visiting our acting resume template. Check out our homepage for more about our resume writing services.
Please return to our samples page to find other examples to help you write powerful resumes.