Civil Engineer Resume Sample
This Civil Engineer resume
sample is a simplified version, giving you
a basic outline to kick start ideas for your own resume. You already
understand the importance of selling yourself. Delve deep into your work
history and showcase any outstanding achievements i.e., you saved the company x
amount of $$$ by implementing new procedures - something to that
quantifiable proof mentioned above and opt for a professional, classic, and
that this Civil Engineer resume sample, indeed all these samples,
are basic and in no way do they represent what your own resume could be and
should be. With each example page, I add a quick “how-to” at the end that
teaches you how to adjust these samples to make them your own.
these samples as inspiration to get you off on the right foot—and best of all,
they are free.
I have also added a plain text version of the Civil Engineer resume sample below.
8A Barley Avenue, Deansgate, Manchester, M1
C: (+44) 67 914 5205
Professional civil engineer with over six years of industry experience in the design, maintenance, and skilled application of engineering techniques for urban infrastructure.
- Solution-orientated and analytical when overseeing design processes
- The ability to work well with others and share opinions or advice
- Diligent and meticulous work ethic with strong technical training
- Skilled in necessary computer software programmes and preferred engineering processes
- Strong design capability and understanding with stellar execution strategy
Apex Group Property Developers: Civil Engineer (Jan 2018 – Sep 2020)
Apex Group is a property development firm specialising in the construction and management of civil sites across Manchester city.
- Overseeing the entire design process of multiple high-profile operations within allocated budgets
- Alleviating costs where necessary through streamlining construction procedures
- Reviewing project blueprints and monitoring design prior to production
FGR Solutions: Civil Engineer (Jan 2015 – Dec 2017)
FGR Solutions focuses on the design maintenance of industrial buildings and bridges in outlying areas.
- Running diagnostic checks on outdated infrastructure and advising on improvement methods
- Partnering with external experts to successfully complete assignments fast and efficiently
- Flagging errors and safety hazards and offering viable solutions
Horizon Development Co.: Civil Engineer (Jan 2013 – Dec 2014)
Horizon Development Company redesigns and renovates dilapidated public grounds and community areas.
- Advising on best design practices and providing knowledgeable recommendations during construction overhauls
- Managing large-scale infrastructure projects in significant urban locations
Tertiary Education: The University of Manchester
Graduated with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering
10 Tips to Remember When Writing Your
Civil Engineer Resume Sample
- Set aside several hours to write a powerful resume.
- You will need quiet space and a computer with Word (recommended) or similar.
- Use job descriptions and old resumes to jog your memory.
- Is this a career change for you? What skills can you transfer over?
- Expand on your duties in detail.
- Ensure the layout is attractive
- Write a compelling summary.
- Use bullet points.
- Proofread for sense, accuracy, spelling and grammar x 3.
- Add a well-written cover letter using your strengths to target the role on offer.
Please click the following link to learn more about my resume writing course or visit our contact page and ask our team to write a targeted resume for you.
Food for Thought:
As mentioned in the previous paragraphs, I offer a professional resume writing service as well as teaching people through my online resume writing course. Have you considered starting your own resume business? If you have the skill and aptitude, this could be an excellent second income stream to explore, or perhaps even a way to quit your day job.
With a little effective marketing, you will never be out of work again!
Sharron what can I say, you are beyond impressive! With the short time I gave you to prepare my resume, I was blown away with the outlay, the content and how you highlighted all my best points. I have shown your work to a recruitment agency and they were very impressed. Thank you so much for guiding me through the entire experience, you are truly gifted… Wanda Peters