Content Writer Resume Sample
This Content Writer resume
sample is a simplified version, giving you
a basic outline to kick start ideas for your own resume. You already
understand the importance of selling yourself. Delve deep into your work
history and showcase any outstanding achievements i.e., you saved the company x
amount of $$$ by implementing new procedures - something to that
quantifiable proof mentioned above and opt for a professional, classic, and
that this Content Writer resume sample, indeed all these samples,
are basic and in no way do they represent what your own resume could be and
should be. With each example page, I add a quick “how-to” at the end that
teaches you how to adjust these samples to make them your own.
these samples as inspiration to get you off on the right foot—and best of all,
they are free.
I have also added a plain text version of the Content Writer resume sample below.
5A Canterbury Avenue, Darlinghurst, Sydney
(+61) 78 252 5274
Experienced, creative content writer with a passion for the written word, skilled in writing engaging and meaningful content across a range of mediums for a variety of current topics. Seven years of professional experience working in content-related and editing roles, with a commendable portfolio of achievements and published work.
- Detail-orientated with a focus on producing top-quality content
- A thorough researcher with administrative abilities
- Proficiency in writing engaging content for websites, blogs and print
- Extensive editing experience trained in writing for online SEO platforms
- Highly creative when conceptualising new content ideas
Business Daily Online Magazine: Content Writer (January 2016 – October 2020)
Managing the creation of content and article writing for multiple business-related topics across the website. Reviewing work from junior and outsourced writers to ensure all content is aligned and grammatically correct before publishing.
- Writing company collateral such as editorial briefs, questionnaires, email responses and staff information booklets
- Researching successful content management systems and presenting suggestions to company leaders
- Organising editorial calendars and streamlining production processes
ROX Lifestyle Group: Content Writer (January 2013 – December 2015)
Collaborating with social media influencers and marketing agencies to create content for joint brand opportunities. Writing all online marketing content for brands within the company portfolio. Creating and adapting written content for a variety of deliverables across print, TVC, social media and website promotions. Assisting in the creation of brand collateral, manifestos and collating content for media campaigns.
- Covering a wide range of lifestyle topics and editing work across various platforms
- Spearheading editorial research and writing informative, engaging articles from a variety of sources
- Editing written content and rephrasing copy if necessary
- Sourcing images and applicable references when curating content pieces
The University of Sydney (January 2009 – September 2012)
Graduated with a bachelor’s degree in English and Communications
- Online course in SEO Optimisation
- Content Writing for Online Marketing
- A short course in Creative Writing
Available on request
10 Tips to Remember When Writing Your
Content Writer Resume Sample
- Set aside several hours to write a powerful resume.
- You will need quiet space and a computer with Word (recommended) or similar.
- Use job descriptions and old resumes to jog your memory.
- Is this a career change for you? What skills can you transfer over?
- Expand on your duties in detail.
- Ensure the layout is attractive
- Write a compelling summary.
- Use bullet points.
- Proofread for sense, accuracy, spelling and grammar x 3.
- Add a well-written cover letter using your strengths to target the role on offer.
Please click the following link to learn more about my resume writing course or visit our contact page and ask our team to write a targeted resume for you.
Food for Thought:
As mentioned in the previous paragraphs, I offer a professional resume writing service as well as teaching people through my online resume writing course. Have you considered starting your own resume business? If you have the skill and aptitude, this could be an excellent second income stream to explore, or perhaps even a way to quit your day job.
With a little effective marketing, you will never be out of work again!
Sharron what can I say, you are beyond impressive! With the short time I gave you to prepare my resume, I was blown away with the outlay, the content and how you highlighted all my best points. I have shown your work to a recruitment agency and they were very impressed. Thank you so much for guiding me through the entire experience, you are truly gifted… Wanda Peters