Executive Secretary Resume
This Executive Secretary resume is a simplified version, giving you a basic outline to kick start
ideas for your own resume. You already understand the importance of
selling yourself. Delve deep into your work history and showcase any outstanding
achievements i.e., you saved the company x amount of $$$
by implementing new procedures - something to that effect.
quantifiable proof mentioned above and opt for a professional, classic, and
that this Executive Secretary resume, indeed all these samples,
are basic and in no way do they represent what your own resume could be and
should be. With each example page, I add a quick “how-to” at the end that
teaches you how to adjust these samples to make them your own.
these samples as inspiration to get you off on the right foot—and best of all,
they are free.
I have also added a plain text version of the Executive Secretary resume below.
7A West Avenue, Hillhead, Glasgow, G12
C: (+44) 76 948 2048
Seasoned executive secretary with over ten years’ experience in the role, skilled in overseeing administrative tasks for company management and streamlining office processes through organisation and diligence. Highly organised in the coordination of business meetings and social proceedings. Native English speaker with German as a second language.
- Hard-working, able to successfully assist business management where needed
- Experienced in overseeing the tasks within a team and upskilling new employees
- Client service experience and stellar written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-orientated and meticulous when filing documents and contracts
- Trained in standard computer programmes and office management tools
Smith & Kimble Attorneys: Executive Secretary (Oct 2017 – Aug 2020)
Leading a large team of office staff toward the completion of their assignments. Being tasked with the supervision and organisation of important legal files and classified contracts.
- Assessing company budgets and offering solutions to minimise monthly expenditure
- Handling correspondence and maintaining relationships with company service providers
- Organising meetings, daily itinerary’s and scheduling commutes for senior attorneys and their clients
Moors Rowland Accounting Firm: Executive Secretary (Jan 2014 –Sep 2017)
Assisting in the timeous completion of tasks assigned from management during an influx of office work. Assuming all administrative duties and coordinating company documentation.
- Supervising the orderly filing and completion of contracts
- Monitoring office budgets during ongoing financial operations
- Diarising business meetings, scheduling phone calls and arranging appointments
Gordon Rogers Insurance: Secretary (Jan 2009 – Dec 2013)
Overseeing company correspondence and administrative systems for successful office operations
- Managing office tasks such as readying files and paperwork, and answering telephones
- Taking meeting minutes, reporting information, and transcribing important documents
- Awarded the title of lead employee following exemplary administrative achievements
- Promoted to Executive Secretary within the first few months at a new company
Tertiary Education: University of Glasgow
Graduated with an associate degree in Business Administration
10 Tips to Remember When Writing Your
Executive Secretary Resume
- Set aside several hours to write a powerful resume.
- You will need quiet space and a computer with Word (recommended) or similar.
- Use job descriptions and old resumes to jog your memory.
- Is this a career change for you? What skills can you transfer over?
- Expand on your duties in detail.
- Ensure the layout is attractive
- Write a compelling summary.
- Use bullet points.
- Proofread for sense, accuracy, spelling and grammar x 3.
- Add a well-written cover letter using your strengths to target the role on offer.
Please click the following link to learn more about my resume writing course or visit our contact page and ask our team to write a targeted resume for you.
Food for Thought:
As mentioned in the previous paragraphs, I offer a professional resume writing service as well as teaching people through my online resume writing course. Have you considered starting your own resume business? If you have the skill and aptitude, this could be an excellent second income stream to explore, or perhaps even a way to quit your day job.
With a little effective marketing, you will never be out of work again!
Sharron what can I say, you are beyond impressive! With the short time I gave you to prepare my resume, I was blown away with the outlay, the content and how you highlighted all my best points. I have shown your work to a recruitment agency and they were very impressed. Thank you so much for guiding me through the entire experience, you are truly gifted… Wanda Peters