Interior Designer Resume Sample
This Interior Designer Resume
Sample is a simplified version, giving you
a basic outline to kick start ideas for your own resume. You already
understand the importance of selling yourself. Delve deep into your work
history and showcase any outstanding achievements i.e., you saved the company x
amount of $$$ by implementing new procedures - something to that
quantifiable proof mentioned above and opt for a professional, classic, and
that this Interior Designer Resume Sample, indeed all these
samples, are basic and in no way do they represent what your own resume could
be and should be. With each example page, I add a quick “how-to” at the end
that teaches you how to adjust these samples to make them your own.
these samples as inspiration to get you off on the right foot—and best of all,
they are free.
I have also added a plain text version of the Interior Designer Resume Sample below.
51st Street, Madison Avenue, Manhattan
(+1) 65 528 email@example.com
“Most Innovative Interior Designer” 22nd Annual National Design Awards 2017
“Up & Coming Interior Design Influencer” New York Interior Awards 2012
Guest Judge at NYU’s Student Interior Design Awards 2016
Featured in House & Home Magazine for Residential Work 2015
Acclaimed interior designer with over nine years of professional experience decorating and designing interior spaces for private homes, offices, and commercial-use properties throughout the New York area. Extremely passionate and creative with strong attention to detail, unmatched taste and style, and a notable portfolio of completed work.
- Skilled in design applications with a stellar sketching proficiency
- Extremely diligent and organised, able to adhere to strict deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills maintaining exceptional working relationships
- Able to advise clients on current trends and layout suited to specific spaces
- Extensive experience in leading design teams with exemplary project management
Sawyer & Co Interior Design: Interior Designer (Jan 2015 – Oct 2020)
Successfully meeting client briefs and design deliverables, completing complex projects for private and commercial use within desired timeframes. Maintaining favourable working relationships through exceeding expectations and going above and beyond standard requests.
- Securing both ongoing and new sought-after interior design contracts for the company
- Working with interior design publications to promote the portfolio of the company through features and interviews
Dash Design Firm: Interior Designer (Jan 2010 – Dec 2014)
Utilising creative skills and design knowledge to produce breathtaking, stylish interiors for all spheres of clients. Assisting on the design briefs for notable clients seeking both residential and commercial interior overhauls.
- Creating seamless renders and high-quality design deliverables through the use of software applications such as CAD
- Developing favourable client relationships through due diligence and attentiveness
- Ensuring deliverables are met on time and within allocated budgets
New York University (Jun 2006 – Sep 2009)
Graduated with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Interior Design
10 Tips to Remember When Writing Your
Interior Designer Resume Sample
- Set aside several hours to write a powerful resume.
- You will need quiet space and a computer with Word (recommended) or similar.
- Use job descriptions and old resumes to jog your memory.
- Is this a career change for you? What skills can you transfer over?
- Expand on your duties in detail.
- Ensure the layout is attractive
- Write a compelling summary.
- Use bullet points.
- Proofread for sense, accuracy, spelling and grammar x 3.
- Add a well-written cover letter using your strengths to target the role on offer.
Please click the following link to learn more about my resume writing course or visit our contact page and ask our team to write a targeted resume for you.
Food for Thought:
As mentioned in the previous paragraphs, I offer a professional resume writing service as well as teaching people through my online resume writing course. Have you considered starting your own resume business? If you have the skill and aptitude, this could be an excellent second income stream to explore, or perhaps even a way to quit your day job.
With a little effective marketing, you will never be out of work again!
Sharron what can I say, you are beyond impressive! With the short time I gave you to prepare my resume, I was blown away with the outlay, the content and how you highlighted all my best points. I have shown your work to a recruitment agency and they were very impressed. Thank you so much for guiding me through the entire experience, you are truly gifted… Wanda Peters