Lab Assistant Resume Sample
This Lab Assistant Resume Sample
is a simplified version, giving you a basic
outline to kick start ideas for your own resume. You already understand
the importance of selling yourself. Delve deep into your work history and
showcase any outstanding achievements i.e., you saved the company x amount
of $$$ by implementing new procedures - something to that effect.
quantifiable proof mentioned above and opt for a professional, classic, and
that this Lab Assistant Resume Sample, indeed all these samples,
are basic and in no way do they represent what your own resume could be and
should be. With each example page, I add a quick “how-to” at the end that
teaches you how to adjust these samples to make them your own.
these samples as inspiration to get you off on the right foot—and best of all,
they are free.
I have also added a plain text version of the Lab Assistant Resume Sample below.
82 Oak Lane, Carmyle, Glasgow
(+44) 76 258 193
Diligent Laboratory Assistant, skilled in biotechnology and comprehensive procedures with over five years of professional experience working in chemistry labs nationwide. Strong understanding of applicable medical terminology, trained in sample analysis procedures with thorough organisational skills and stellar research abilities.
Skills & Attributes
- Thorough training in chemical procedures and laboratory operations
- Greatly experienced in the use of various chemical equipment and correct sample storage techniques
- Skilled in data logging and reports with expertise in applicable online applications
- Stellar communication abilities, both written and verbal
- Highly organised and meticulous, able to complete all tasks in a timeous, satisfactory manner and assist with administrative work
- Knowledgeable on correct safety procedures, extremely cautious when working with specific laboratory tools and harmful chemicals
- Strong understanding of complex processes and intricate briefs
Glasgow Chemist Laboratory: Lab Assistant (January 2017 – October 2020)
- Compiling important documents needed to begin new projects
- Collaborating with fellow assistants to effectively complete tasks under the guidance of senior chemists
- Adhering to safety regulations and logging incident reports
- Organising chemicals and equipment in accordance with the brief prior to testing procedures
Element Testing Laboratories: Lab Assistant (October 2014 – December 2016)
- Readying samples and necessary laboratory tools when conducting experiments
- Training new employees and interns in preferred scientific processes and correct testing methods
- Overseeing all laboratory operations when in use by visiting technicians
- Ensuring the laboratory is well maintained, all equipment is organised and all safety measures are being met
- Advising senior management on arising issues to effectively solve any faults or errors
University of Glasgow (June 2010 – September 2013)
Graduated with an Associate’s Degree in Laboratory Science
Available on request
10 Tips to Remember When Writing Your
Lab Assistant Resume Sample
- Set aside several hours to write a powerful resume.
- You will need quiet space and a computer with Word (recommended) or similar.
- Use job descriptions and old resumes to jog your memory.
- Is this a career change for you? What skills can you transfer over?
- Expand on your duties in detail.
- Ensure the layout is attractive
- Write a compelling summary.
- Use bullet points.
- Proofread for sense, accuracy, spelling and grammar x 3.
- Add a well-written cover letter using your strengths to target the role on offer.
Please click the following link to learn more about my resume writing course or visit our contact page and ask our team to write a targeted resume for you.
Food for Thought:
As mentioned in the previous paragraphs, I offer a professional resume writing service as well as teaching people through my online resume writing course. Have you considered starting your own resume business? If you have the skill and aptitude, this could be an excellent second income stream to explore, or perhaps even a way to quit your day job.
With a little effective marketing, you will never be out of work again!
Sharron what can I say, you are beyond impressive! With the short time I gave you to prepare my resume, I was blown away with the outlay, the content and how you highlighted all my best points. I have shown your work to a recruitment agency and they were very impressed. Thank you so much for guiding me through the entire experience, you are truly gifted… Wanda Peters