Lawyer Resume Sample
My Lawyer resume
sample is a simplified version, giving you a basic outline to kick start
ideas for your own resume. You already understand the importance of
selling yourself. Delve deep into your work history and showcase any outstanding
achievements i.e., you saved the company x amount of $$$
by implementing new procedures - something to that effect.
quantifiable proof mentioned above and opt for a professional, classic, and
that this Lawyer resume sample, indeed all these samples,
are basic and in no way do they represent what your own resume could be and
should be. With each example page, I add a quick “how-to” at the end that
teaches you how to adjust these samples to make them your own.
these samples as inspiration to get you off on the right foot—and best of all,
they are free.
I have also added a plain text version of the Lawyer resume sample below.
23 Peach Avenue, Highgate, Perth, 6003
C: (+61) 76 940 1340
Qualified lawyer with over four years’ experience in litigation and legal practices, specialised in a variety of areas and skilled with working alongside clients to adequately represent them in court proceedings. Knowledgeable in all areas of law. Critical thinker able to systematically resolve issues. Bilingual with the ability to speak Spanish and Japanese.
- Considerate and open-minded when dealing with client matters
- Meticulous management of case files and legal documents
- Ethical with a strong moral compass
- Excellent public speaker trained in court appearances
- Strong research and administrative abilities
Hawley Turner Associates: Lawyer (Jan 2016 – Sep 2020)
Managing legal administrative work and offering legal support and counselling to clients. Analysing case information and compiling court preparation documents. Reviewing client matters and drafting depositions. Working together with a legal team to meet client needs. Presenting findings to a judge to settle client disputes.
- Maintaining existing client relationships while obtaining new clientele
- Overseeing weekly case assessments and the progress thereof
- Communicating concerning matters with firm partners
- Documenting case information and filing important paperwork
- Assisting clients in other countries through timely communication
Curtin University: Graduated with a Bachelor of Law degree
10 Tips to Remember When Writing Your
Lawyer Resume Sample
- Set aside several hours to write a powerful resume.
- You will need quiet space and a computer with Word (recommended) or similar.
- Use job descriptions and old resumes to jog your memory.
- Is this a career change for you? What skills can you transfer over?
- Expand on your duties in detail.
- Ensure the layout is attractive
- Write a compelling summary.
- Use bullet points.
- Proofread for sense, accuracy, spelling and grammar x 3.
- Add a well-written cover letter using your strengths to target the role on offer.
Please click the following link to learn more about my resume writing course or visit our contact page and ask our team to write a targeted resume for you.
Food for Thought:
As mentioned in the previous paragraphs, I offer a professional resume writing service as well as teaching people through my online resume writing course. Have you considered starting your own resume business? If you have the skill and aptitude, this could be an excellent second income stream to explore, or perhaps even a way to quit your day job.
With a little effective marketing, you will never be out of work again!
Sharron what can I say, you are beyond impressive! With the short time I gave you to prepare my resume, I was blown away with the outlay, the content and how you highlighted all my best points. I have shown your work to a recruitment agency and they were very impressed. Thank you so much for guiding me through the entire experience, you are truly gifted… Wanda Peters