Marketing resume sample
This marketing resume sample is a simplified version, giving you a basic outline to kick start ideas for your own resume. As the title suggests, don't hold back when marketing yourself. That is what the job entails after all. Delve deep into your work history and showcase any outstanding achievements i.e., you saved the company x amount of dollars by implementing new procedures - or something to that effect.
Use a professional, clean and attractive layout as well.
Use these samples as inspiration to get you off on the right foot – and best of all they are totally free.
This marketing resume sample will set you on the right path
- Firstly, set aside several hours to build a resume.
- You will need quiet space and a computer with Word (recommended) or similar.
- Set the tone. Do your homework. Are you applying for a similar role, are you experienced in the job that you seek or is this a career change? These are questions you need to ask totailor your resume.
- Set the framework. Think about your work history and quickly jot down the positions you’ve held, whom you worked for and the dates you worked there. Double check details and spelling to ensure accuracy. Go back five years - or more if you have stayed in the current job for several years.
- Flesh out your work history using job descriptions for each. If they are not available, you will have to work from memory. Your job is to expand on your duties.
- I cannot stress the importance of “fully” detailing your duties. It helps the employer understand exactly what you can do, and it helps you understand your strengths as well.
- Ensure the layout is attractive (check through the samples for inspiration). Do not use photographs unless your job requires it. Strive for two to three pages (less for the US).
- You now have all the information you need to write a compelling summary outlining your strengths (see examples). This paragraph goes at the beginning.
- If you have identified specific skills, you can add bullet points shortly following the summary i.e., Advanced Microsoft Suite Experience etc.
- Are you happy with the result? Good. Now proofread and have a trusted friend proofread it with you. Then check it again.
- And don’t forget a well-written cover letter using your strengths to target the role on offer.
You’re worth it!
Thank you for visiting our marketing resume sample. Check out our homepage for more about our resume writing services.
Please return to our samples page to find other examples to help you write powerful resumes.