67 Howe Street, Osborne Park, Perth WA 6017
Call: (08) 6158 9940
Retail Resume Sample
This Retail Resume Sample is a simplified version, giving you a basic outline to kick start
ideas for your own resume. You already understand the importance of
selling yourself. Delve deep into your work history and showcase any
outstanding achievements i.e., you saved the company x amount of $$$
by implementing new procedures - something to that effect.
quantifiable proof mentioned above and opt for a professional, classic, and
that this Retail Resume Sample, indeed all these samples,
are basic and in no way do they represent what your own resume could be and
should be. With each example page, I add a quick “how-to” at the end that
teaches you how to adjust these samples to make them your own.
these samples as inspiration to get you off on the right foot—and best of all,
they are free.
I have also added a plain text version of the Retail Resume Sample below.
Retail Sales Representative
84 Richmond Drive, Sherman Oaks, San Fernando Valley
(+1) 55 657 2491
Named ‘Most Dedicated Employee’ for two consecutive months for exceeding sales targets
Passionate and hard-working retail sales representative, with over eight years professional experience working in clothing, home ware and department store environments. Extremely welcoming and approachable, willing to go above and beyond to ensure a favourable number of daily sales are reached, all the while maintaining a positive store reputation and utmost customer satisfaction.
Skills & Attributes
- Sales expertise, able to encourage store purchases and maintain a loyal customer base
- Highly social with a warm personality, friendly and welcoming to all customers
- Proactive and full of energy, willing to assist wherever necessary
- Trained in sourcing merchandise with a consideration in market trends
- Stellar communication skills with an ability to work well in a team
- Experience with up skilling new employees and adhering to store guidelines
- Extremely organised and diligent, able to successfully complete all tasks and assist with administrative work
At Home Décor: Retail Sales Representative (January 2016 – October 2020)
- Advising esteemed customers on sales purchases, building trust and ensuring client-store relationship longevity
- Proactively assisting in customer requests to ensure a favourable, personalised shopping experience
- Handling all unique orders and merchandising to attain sought-after stock
- Ensuring the store is organised and visually appealing for customer satisfaction
- Offering educated, informative answers to customer queries in relation to featured products
Habits Fashion Boutique: Retail Sales Representative (September 2013 – December 2015)
- Managing store displays and merchandising in accordance to running promotions and general guidelines
- Following market trends and logging customer requests to advise management on sought-after orders
- Working with customers on a commission basis, securing sales and meeting store targets
- Maintaining a satisfactory shopping environment through enforcing store cleanliness and display organisation
Kohl’s Department Store: Retail Sales Representative (January 2011 – August 2013)
- Welcoming customers into the store with a smile, assisting them where needed
- Informing customers of running promotions, new merchandise and items suited to their requests
- Acting as customer service liaison, dealing with in-store, online and telephonic queries
- Assisting with administrative work and stock organisation
- Working with display updates and ensuring new merchandise replaces old in a timeous manner
- Raising monthly sales through actively promoting exciting deals and interacting with customers
Los Angeles Valley College (January 2008 – December 2010)
Graduated with a Diploma in Retail Management
Available on request
10 Tips to Remember When Writing
Your Retail Resume Sample
- Set aside several hours to write a powerful resume.
- You will need quiet space and a computer with Word (recommended) or similar.
- Use job descriptions and old resumes to jog your memory.
- Is this a career change for you? What skills can you transfer over?
- Expand on your duties in detail.
- Ensure the layout is attractive
- Write a compelling summary.
- Use bullet points.
- Proofread for sense, accuracy, spelling and grammar x 3.
- Add a well-written cover letter using your strengths to target the role on offer.
Sharron what can I say, you are beyond impressive! With the short time I gave you to prepare my resume, I was blown away with the outlay, the content and how you highlighted all my best points. I have shown your work to a recruitment agency and they were very impressed. Thank you so much for guiding me through the entire experience, you are truly gifted… Wanda Peters of Perth, Western Australia.
Sign up for my emails to get all the latest news, tips, & more!